Monday 10 November 2008

52/365



My side has definitely got better after the agony I was in yesterday which was good. I managed to somehow stab myself in the eye with a comb this morning and didn't regain proper sight until third lesson.

However, my hate for my headteacher has grown. Why?

He used the 'D' word.

That word being...

DISCIPLINE.

The OED definition of 'Discipline': "the practice of training people to obey rules or a code of behavior, using punishment to correct disobedience."

That in itself makes me angry, but using it in the context of the following just made me practically bubble over:
"there were many exclusions before half term which makes me very worried as it means I'm obviously not disciplining you properly"

You're not WHAT? You're not doing a good enough job of pouring us into a mould to make us identical, boring, robotic, social conditioned people?

The fact that people apologise for ridiculous things is bad enough (ie: the other day I was talking to someone and she mispronounced a word and then apologised profusely. Why do we apologise unless we're actually sorry? It's not even polite in that instance, just annoying), but what I really hate is that everyone is pretty much like a little clone. Okay so maybe not everyone. But almost everyone, you have to admit. In england at least there aren't many exceptions. Even people who claim to be individual aren't really. Not really.

The fact he feels he hasn't moulded us enough makes me want to throw some sort of heavy item in his direction.

Essentially what he is saying is he doesn't want us to be real people with individual thoughts and feelings. He suspended someone for a week for saying they DISAGREED with something one of the teachers said (that something, I believe, was related to the matter of life after death). So in his head we are meant to be perfect individuals who wear the same thing (he's thinking of making the 6th formers wearing a uniform too), with neutral coloured hair (if he sees you with any colour other than blonde, brown, black or ginger you get suspended until you dye it out. I'm suprised he hasn't forced people with red hair to dye it because it might distract!), freezing our arses off and never ever speaking our mind.

FUCK OFF YOU ARSE HOLE.

Todays moral: Don't eat chocolate kids, it's bad for you! Or do eat it but brush your teeth 'n' shit.

Taken: Monday 10th November 2008. Day 52.

2 comments:

CatataC said...

I completely agree.
The only way people are individual is by being like everyone else, but with shorter trousers.
Head teachers are wastes of resources. Teachers are OK, but I'll bet that the teachers combining could do a better job. Well maybe.

kati said...

I agree. My media teacher hates our principal. so does my art teacher.