Wednesday 5 November 2008

Love Yourself, Cutie.



Write a little post about yourself. The amazing, beautiful things about you. The individual things about you. The real you. The one you sometimes hide to avoid embarrassment. The one who is in love with everything and doesn't compare themselves to others. The one who laughs and lets go, who cries and holds on. Write a piece about yourself to make yourself and others fall in love with you all over again. Include music videos for maximum enjoyment.



I am Kati. I'm not perfect in any way. I don't always brush my teeth and I pick my nail polish off when I get bored but I'm me.

I love Alice in Wonderland and nice smelling flowers. I've walked barefoot in the rain holding a blossom flower with just a dress on before and enjoyed it. When it's cold outside I like to snuggle down under a duvet with a mug of hot chocolate and my computer. I have a wide rang of music taste, varying from Rihanna and Dizzee Rascal to Yelle to Laura Marling.

I want to live a beautiful and exciting life.

I don't like the taste of alcohol or the smell of cigarettes. I'm scared of illness and scared of hospitals. I don't like the dark when I'm alone and I sleep on my stomach hugging a 'Bagpuss' toy.

I plan to visit Paris. I like confusing people and making things more complicated than they really should be. I like pretty girls and pretty guys, unnatural hair colours and backcombed hair.



I have a loud voice which often causes people to tell me to shut up, or 'quieten down'. I think everyone is equal, that guys should be allowed to wear make up without any stick and that girls should have it easier in the workplace. I never want to work a conventional 9 - 5 job. I can see how social conditioning sucks out your soul and it makes me sad. I love talking like a 5 year old, extravagant hand movements and putting on red lip gloss then kissing people on the cheek. I like my loopy 'honey bee' handwriting.

I can't play sport very well, especially in winter, and I haven't been swimming for years because I don't want my hair to go green. I'm scared people won't like the real me and therefore only a handful of people have seen her. I love her.

I love having something to look forward and making it clear. I love pink highlighter pens and using them in strange ways.



Have a dream in which you're entirely you and no one else. You don't like that because he likes it. You don't not like them because she thinks they're uncool. You talk to the 'ugly girl' and don't give a fuck what people say about you. Look for what YOU like, not what is 'socially acceptable' (what is that, anyway? people will find something to pick at about you anyway, you might as well be outrageous) and not what the person you fancy would like. Listen to the music you want and be open and accepting of others.



Love yourself, cutie!

1 comment:

CatataC said...

Love you - read that when you feel down. You're b-e-a-utiful. <33 =)